Thursday, February 14, 2013

Can you smell that? Oh yeah, it's all that Love wafting about

Happy Valentines all my lovelies! I hope your days has been full of cheesy, nice, or slightly inappropriate cards, hugging, kissing, chocolate, food, and general loveliness. If you are like me, and frankly it seems like most people around me, and prefer to regard this day as "singles awareness day", I have some quick anecdotes that are sure to cheer you up. First of all, look at these kittens
Aren't you excited for your future as a cat lady? I sure know I am.

Now to business. I am sure that most of us strong independent women who don't need no men to complete us (aka single ladies) may be feeling a teensy weeny bit down today. But have no fear! Even if you feel as if you are doomed to be alone forever, you must have hope!
Remember: 
  • Jane Austen was never married
  • Mary Cassatt was never married
  • Elizabeth I was never married (and was she awesome or what?!)
  • Emily and Anne Bronte were never married
  • Oprah Winfrey has never been married
See? you do not need a man to complete you. You are perfectly free to create a life for yourself as an authoress, poet, painter, inspiring TV host, etc. all on your own!
 
(Although of course, I think men are great and it would probably have helped most of the authoresses and poets of the past to relieve some of their inner angst if they had been married…probably wouldn't have whined as much…except of course that didn't work out so great for Madame Bovary…but really she couldn't be helped)

In my opinion one fantastic replacement for men in life is, of course, clothing! Like these beautiful dresses

Who needs a man by your side when nothing could quite show you off as well as a beautiful red dress? 

And of course there is always chocolate

I want you all to remember that there is nothing wrong with buying your self a box of chocolates and enjoying the best that Belgium can offer (except of course waffles, those are pretty great too). I have heard that chocolate is good for the soul, and I believe that wholeheartedly. Just don't over eat. Tummy aches are not a good companion for Valentine's Day.

Remember when we used to hand out valentine's cards in Elementary school? and everyone got on? and everyone got candy? yeah, that was great
These are some of my favorite


Aren't those just fantastic?  I think so. 
Now of course, a staple for Valentine's day is watching a movie! Whether you are alone or snuggling up with somebody (friend, sister, boyfriend, husband, cat, etc.) these movies would be perfect for tonight:
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • Pride and Prejudice (either the Keira Knightly one, or in you have 5 hours of free time, the Colin Firth one)
  • Chocolat (also fitting for the Lenten season)
  • Leapyear
  • An Affair to Remember
  • Dirty Dancing
  • The Notebook (or any Nicholas Sparks movie for that matter)
  • The Sound of Music
  • My Fair Lady
  • Say Anything
  • A Room With a View
  • Tangled (or any Disney Movie for that matter)
Whether you are alone or happily taken, I say that we all embrace the day and go sit down with a nice box of chocolate, watch a movie, think loving thoughts, and be happy for the future. I myself plan on picking out my future breeds of cats.

Now, if you are thoroughly upset by the day, I am truly sorry for you. But you and grumpy cat can go have your own little party


 xoxo
Mae

(don't forget to check out my past posts, especially as this one had little to do with fashion, and to follow me on pinterest!)



No comments:

Post a Comment