Monday, August 15, 2011

Taking some advice from Kate

Kate Middleton. Say what you will about that lady but you have to admit she has class, and I like a classy lady. The fashion tip I want to pull from her wardrobe is HATS! I absolutely adore hats (say that in a british accent. it's fun). Today I was in Target with my sister and in the accessory apartment I saw like a million hats--well not quite a million but a bunch. So judging by the numerous amount of hats I have seen recently, I give the royal wedding credit for this, I must say they have come back into style. Now I'm not talking about just hats for cold days that make everyone look either like a marshmallow, a skier, or an Eskimo, but the beautiful ones that look like they were pulled straight out of the 20s to 40s time period. Now for some history, Hats became very popular in the states during the great depression and into WWII because money was short and the only way women could dress up their outfits was by adding some hat-idge. Anyway, HATS. Hats are fabulous accessories because they are just so individual and make quite a statement. I encourage every girl that has a bit of fashion courage to try on a hat, and maybe buy it, at some cool hat store. Hats are classy, classy is good and beautiful, and believe me you will be noticed and people will think that you are a very fashionable person.
A Guide to Hats:

  • On a hot sunny summer day try a big brimmed sun hat
    • i've noticed these look very good on people with heart shaped faces. (If you don't know what shape face you have look here http://www.visual-makeover.com/face-htm/)
  • If you're feeling girly and feminine try a bell hat or a cute bucket hat (NOT THE KIND OLD MEN WEAR TO GO FISHING) but a cute one, preferably in a pretty color--I have a purple one.
  • If you want to look like you're from the 20s wear a cloche hat, looks good with short hair
  • If you're feeling like a tom boy person there are three hats you could try: a Gatsby hat, a fedora, or an ascot hat
  • If you're going to a fancy occasion and want to stick out try a beret type hat with some lace/netting that covers part of your face or a feather--but be careful with feathers they can get strange
  • some hats to avoid wearing are shakos, turbans, sombreros, fezes, kolpiks, and hard hats--of course if you would like to wear any of these please go for it, I just don't know how many people will want to talk to you.
  • for more types of hats (not all fashionable ones though) go to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat   YAY WIKIPEDIA! 
So yeah, that's Hats. Remember though, the point is to look like my good friend Princess Kate not her cousin in law Beatrice.
vs.

         


Don't be scared. You don't have to go as full out as Kate, start with some simple bows in your hair and then slowly move up to fashion hats, take baby steps. One step at a time. 

Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment