Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just a little bit of Weird

Today my Grandpa and I wen to the de Young museum in San Francisco for "The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier From Sidewalk to Catwalk" exhibit. It was pretty fantastic. I have to admit some of his stuff is pretty strange, but it was simultaneously beautiful. The craftsmanship was excellent and the detail on everything was amazing. I had been planning to take pictures to show you all but as I have said before I was stupid enough to leave my camera in Colorado, so I shall find some of the stuff I saw on the internet and share it here. Enjoy!
My favorite style of his was the geometric shapes that create a really great structure and a mix futuristic space suit and victorian corset look 


crocodile skin and crochet lace, I saw a video of how this one was made

Madonna anyone?

These two are two of his "Bride's Gowns" which are traditionally the last garment of an Haute Couture fashion show that try to sum up the whole mood of the line. I think his bride gowns are some of the best I have ever seen, they so perfectly captured the essence of his style. 

This one reminds me of a snake, it was part of his "cage" line

Tropical Forest!

This one reminds me a lot of the birth of venus

Made completely of denim, cool right?

all houndstooth. all. even the cigarette holder.
 is that Lady Gaga under there?
Pants made out of film. Totally cool, but I think it would get a little sticky and uncomfortable

And of corse, Jean Paul himself and his signature stripes. From now on whenever you wear blue and white french stripes you must think of Jean Paul Gaultier because he practically invented them, well not really but close enough.

Well, I had a good day, and now you can feel as if you were with me on this fun day! Except you weren't. haha. 
Also, yesterday was my birthday! happy Birthday to me! 
Also also I saved $503 at Loehmann's, I was quite impressed
Also also also the Olympics are so great! Yay team USA! except they make me miss London so if USA doesn't win i want team GB to win.


kisses
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment