Saturday, August 3, 2013

Start Spreading the Word, I'm leaving today

"If London is a watercolor, New York is an oil painting"—Peter Shaffer 

I awoke this morning to my usual alarm clock blaring at 5 am. For a moment I forgot where I was or what was in store for the day. Was I supposed to go to work today? Or school? Or church? Or go back in time to stop Helen from going with Paris and thus avoiding a 1000 year war? No! None of the above. I hopped out of bed and instantly turned on Frank Sinatra. What song you ask? Well "New York, New York" of course! For today, at 8:45 in the morning I got on a plane for New York City!

"NYC!!! Just got here this morning! 3 bucks! 2 bags! One me!"

Okay well maybe more than three bucks, as that would not go very far in today's age, no matter how much it may have gotten some one in the Great Depression  as in that awful musical Annie
Starting on Monday I have a two week internship with a New York based company called Fashion Snoops, a fashion forecasting website. Being in one of the top fashion centers in the world, and one of the best cities in the world, I plan on absorbing every bit of "la mode" that I can. 
As today was a travel day, nothing too exciting happened. Dropped our bags off at the New Yorker hotel, popped in a cab and headed down to soho where we got a bit of research and a lot if shopping done until dinner time. We (being my mum and I) are as of now sitting on the floor, absolutely exhausted, watching Roman Holiday and eating a dinner bought from the Whole Foods on the corner. Perfection darling, simply perfection.
I can already feel the muggy New York air doing me good
For the day of travel, I wore a simple, yet stylish outfit, that was as comfortable as being fashionable allows

Corso Como heels, Calvin Klein jeans, free people chiffon top, brass "world" locket, and fossil purse. 

Being a bit tired now, I am not feeling too inspired tonight and cannot leave you with any great words, but I can say that when you want to feel as tiny and insignificant as an ant while simultaneously as large and important as Thor up on his clouds, come to New York. 

Xoxo 
Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment